Term: 2 years (renewable)
Remuneration: voluntary role, with pre-agreed expenses paid
Independent Committee Members are required to join the IMMAF – WMMAA Arbitration Committee, responsible for the resolution of complaints and disputes.
• The Arbitration Committee comprises five to eight experts, including one chairperson and four members at large.
• The Committee is required to attend necessary online meetings to address complaints or disputes (under IMMAF – WMMAA policies and procedures) to IMMAF – WMMAA.
• The Committee is responsible for the organisation of Hearings and Appeals.
The key responsibilities of the Arbitration Committee are:
• To manage the resolution of disputes and complaints as tasked by the IMMAF CEO
• To establish suitable structures, policies and process to manage the resolution of disputes and complaints
• To organise Hearings and Appeals
• To recommend to the IMMAF – WMMAA any actions to improve the framework and policies for management of resolution of disputes and complaints
• To manage the resolution of complaints and disputes in accordance with IMMAF – WMMAA Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policy and in line with IMMAF – WMMAA’s Statutes and Code of Conduct.
• To recommend suspensions and penalties as applicable
• Investigations of complaints are carried out independently by the Ethics Committee, and Arbitration Committee decisions are subject to review by the Ethics Committee
The Arbitration Committee will;
• have suitable qualifications and experience, e.g. legal, mediation or arbitration
• have demonstrable experience of working in a safeguarding environment
• be diverse, multi-national and multi-lingual
• have excellent oral and written communication skills in English, along with first-rate customer service skills and attention to detail
• the ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
To apply please email your resume/ CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the person profile and what you could offer the IMMAF – WMMAA as a member of the Ethics Committee to email@example.com by Monday 11 February 2019 at 12:00 hrs GMT