17 February 2023
The IMMAF General Assembly took place on 17 February 2023, during a break in the action at the IMMAF World Championships which is currently taking place in Belgrade, Serbia.
45 IMMAF Federations representing 5 continents took part in the General Assembly and approved:
- Minutes of the 2022 General Assembly
- IMMAF Annual Activity report for the period October 2021-2022
- Financial Audit Committee report
- 2023 IMMAF Budget
In addition, the General Assembly elected the following individuals as Committee members for the term 2023-2025:
- Financial Audit – Denis Rowan, Luigi Perillo, Anton Blank
- Arbitration – Rupert Beloff, Sean Sullivan Gibbs, Mathieu Laplante-Goulet, Visar Alimehaj (co-opted)
- Disciplinary – William Lexton Jones, Stanislav Nedkov, Markos Ntaoukakis, Zarina Nazhbiyeva (co-opted)
- Nominations – Jaime Baron, Maksim Morozenko, Battsetseg Tsogtoo
The General Assembly also formally approved the following federations as full IMMAF Members:
Belize, Bosnia, Canada, Costa Rica, Croatia, Grenada, Kuwait, Madagascar, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Peru, USA and Vietnam.
Amongst the observers at the General Assembly was Mr Donato Milano of Italy. Mr Milano represents the new multi-sport association SPORTACCORD and is also a member of the Board of the World Association of Kickboxing Organisation WAKO.
“I would like to thank all the IMMAF Federations as well as the IMMAF staff for their hard work as we continue our crusade for recognition. While we have acknowledged that there are some financial challenges ahead in 2023, we will continue to work hard for the sake of our athletes and members, as recognition shows that MMA is a safe and life enhancing sport. This meeting today showed that we are a team – including federations, IMMAF Board and IMMAF staff and that we will find solutions for the good of the sport. It’s an honour to welcome Donato Milano from SPORTACCORD for the second time at our World Champs, so he has another chance to evaluate our governance as well as our biggest competition.”