The IMMAF Board of Directors has called an Extraordinary General Assembly of the Presidents of IMMAF National Federations, which is to be held online on Saturday 13 February 2021 at 15.00 hrs. (London GMT), with the following agenda and proposals for decisions:
- To approve the amendments to the IMMAF statutes.
- To approve the appointment of Swiss auditors.
In response to the recommendations of a recent independent, good governance audit, IMMAF is seeking to amend its Statutes to include:
- the requirement for Annual General Meetings.
- staggered, four-year terms for a maximum of two terms for Board Directors.
- athlete representation on the Board
- a target for 30% female representation on the Board
- to reflect IMMAF as a Swiss entity
In 2020, the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation relocated as a company to Switzerland, the home of the Olympic movement, rendering the need for the appointment of Swiss auditors.
IMMAF President Kerrith Brown commented:
“In IMMAF’s ongoing bid for improvement, we are requesting the approval of members to changes in the IMMAF Statutes to meet best practice in good governance. The changes will also serve to strengthen IMMAF’s robustness as an organisation. Likewise, IMMAF’s move to Switzerland is set to benefit IMMAF as an organization, opening new opportunities for its development, growth and promotion. We look forward to the support of IMMAF’s membership in implementing necessary process to finalise our relocation.”