The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) and World Mixed Martial Arts Association (WMMAA) proudly announce the return of the Amateur MMA Awards to Bahrain.
The second iteration of the annual ceremony will take place on Thursday 14 November during the 2019 IMMAF | WMMAA Unified World Championships.
The prestigious occasion will celebrate the achievements over the past year of amateur mixed martial artists, National Federations and those working to develop MMA as a globally recognised sport of excellence.
The invitation only, black-tie awards dinner is exclusively for IMMAF delegates, National Federation presidents, award nominees and special guests.
Awards fall into three categories – those up for Member Vote, IMMAF / Partner Awards and those open for Public Vote. Information is to follow on how MMA fans can cast their vote for the ‘Green Hill Performance of the Year’ and ‘SAFEJAWZ Golden Mouthguard’ awards, using social media. Nominees for Member Vote Awards are to be announced shortly.
Block A – Member Vote
To be voted on by IMMAF-WMMAA members in attendance at the 2019 World Championships during registration. Each nation will have ONE vote.
- Best Female Athlete
- Best Male Athlete
- Best Junior Athlete of the Year
- National Team of the Year
Block B – IMMAF / IMMAF Partner Awards
As elected by IMMAF and its committees, except where marked.
- Official of the Year
- Cutperson of the Year
- Host Federation of the Year
- Most Proactive Federation in Coach Education and Training
- Most Proactive Federation in Implementing the “Technical Progression Scheme”
- MyNextMatch Award of Excellence (elected by MyNextMatch)
Block C – Public vote via Social Media
- Green Hill Performance of the Year (for best performance in a single bout)
- SafeJawz Golden Mouthguard Award